Sunday, September 12, 2010

sunnday 9/12

Today we had an illustration BBQ festivity and it was super awesome and sunny and great.
Steve Mayse the head of the department hosted the event in his absolutely amazing home in Lenexa.

Here is a small view of the house which he designed + Nicki's head.
the house was on a couple acres of property and had terraces everywhere as well as a pond and tree house. not to mention an awesome studio.
I brought my scanner into studio which is always a good way to eat up time scanning in cool scraps of paper or old images from national geographic magazines.
these three ladies are taped up on the edge of my drafting table and keep me company.
a random collage I did yesterday in my sketchbook from found paper.
a fun scan of the vellum layer of the illustration i posted a cellphone photo of earlier.
We are starting a childrens book illustration assignment and I've been doing some searching around the internet for inspiration. I came upon these two images that are really nice, I'm sort of thinking about a circus scene or something.
maypoles seem like they were all the rage in victorian times
Who wouldn't like this? This victorian style really appeals to me because of all the intricate linework (pretty evident considering the drawing I did earlier with all the Victorian houses)

Thats all for now, time to stop looking at drawings and actually start some.

No comments:

Post a Comment